Wednesday, February 27, 2008

10 top women--Better as Well?

I will have to agree with Randy there ( Sara) that I am not so much into the girls this year as I am the guys...This, as I was contemplating, isn't really anything that NEW to me. Sorry if there is not much I write. I am going to leave this more for what everyone else thinks about it.

Overall
The girls seemed a little blah to me. The Men seemed to improve whereas the ladies seemed like maybe they were too confident. I was looking for more!

Brooke White was much better than last week (yeah Brooke--maybe it was the guitar. I am actually liking that you can do instruments this year, shows a different side to things).
There are some obvious ones who will stay no matter how poorly of the performance, those being Carly, Asia'h and Kady...they need them to be around!




Going home---

This one is hard. While I actually like Amanda, I think she hardly hit any of the notes and it just wasn't good (and at HER style and year of music, that is sad). Kady is awesome with the impersonations, but I feel her Real presonality is somewhat of a letdown...and I believe if not tomorrow she goes home soon(even though she did not do that bad tonight in my opinion, and her opera is great) Who do you think? Need help with this one.

4 comments:

Jenessa said...

I'm glad Luke stayed. He reminds me a bit of Ricky Martin. He will have to step it up so that he's more 'interesting' though.

I was sad about Amanda--I really like her, she's so different, but she really needs to start working on her vocals or she'll be gone. I'm sure she can sing a little less forced, if you know what I mean.

I'd like Brooke to stay in, but I don't think she's 'different' enough--seems it's all about being different this year. Danny will stay in just for that reason, but I'm sure you'll agree David A. is the one with the most talent as far as I can tell. He really should win. I feel like I'm back in Season (5?) where I loved Taylor Hicks and cheered him all the way to victory! I hope the same happens with David!

Anonymous said...

I agree David is the one with the best "whole package" for the men. He's a natural for Tiger Beat magazine and the Disney Channel, he's got the (developing) pipes and an incredibly warm personality. If the vote for the winner was tomorrow, I'd venture to say he'd take it. On the women's side, I'm a closet Kady fan only because I agree with the judges-- there's a real Kady inside there and with all the other talents she's demonstrated, I'm interested to see her come out. Otherwise, yeah, Brooke seems to be the frontrunner of the girls, and NOT just because Simon has a crush on her. I like her take on Carly Simon, and now want to see her do some Lisa Loeb. Actually, what the women need is a good rendition of Nelly McKay.

BTW, is anyone else besides me sick of those Ultimate Truth commercials polluting the Idol time slot??

Jenessa said...

Just watched the guys--I think Luke and David H might go home this week...that's my speculation anyway. That wasn't David A's best performance, though I loved that he played the piano and I really like that song. I didn't agree with Simon about Chikieze--I thought he sounded great tonight. Favorite performances tonight were David Cook and Jason Castro. I liked Danny's vocals, but he is so femmy when he sings--drives me nuts. I think Michael Johns might leave, too, if one of the others I mentioned doesn't. He kinda is 'forgettable' if you know what I mean. I didn't even remember what his name was--had to go look him up! Anyway, there's my 2cents worth for tonight...

Clean Cut said...

I know what you mean Jae--I just call him "the Austrailian". Agreed with you on every single one of your opinions except for David H. He can sing. But he might go home anyway because of the "male stripper" news. Good bye Luke Manard--stay with accapella.