Thursday, February 21, 2008

"Time" chimes in--grades the contestants

Time magazine has a section online with somebody reviewing the performances. Of course it is all one person's opinion. I, of course, as the "Paula" judge simply love everybody, think they all look fabulous "tonight", and "I'm going to have to pass" on some of the Time's opinions. But it is interesting to read another perspective. (It reviews all 24 contestants--starting with the girls).
PS: I'm not really the Paula-like judge. I'm just the odd man out. I'm much too critical of the idol performances to afford lengthy posts. I will admit that it takes us a little too long to finish one night of idol with DVR simply because we're constantly pausing it to critique the performances or to share our opinions with each other. At least we get to skip the commercials!

4 comments:

JAMIE said...

I would think DVR would make it shorter for skipping the commercails. I know what you mean about rewatching though. When I rewatched it with Steve, I kept stopping it to rewind and comment here and there. Still finished in under 2 hours. Those commercials are so stinking long.

I know you aren't like Paula at all...more like Randy. You just happen to be the guy...you know how it is..

Anonymous said...

I can't tell you the names of the girls I voted for off the top of my head (except for Brooke White-- she's friends with a couple in our ward who shamelessly plug her, even in PEC), but I can tell you the numbers I called in were 3, 6, 9 and 11. I felt badly for the first two who kind of choked, and heard the hoarse whisper of "dead man walking" when the miffed 18-year old (the Spears impersonator)looked all indignant at the judges. I didn't think she was as bad as they said, but hey, sometimes I don't know what they're thinking.

It's definitely a family activity at my house.

Clean Cut said...

David, I love that you dropped by and left a comment. It's befitting because I've enjoyed the few American Idol comments mixed into your blog, and it's fun to hear other opinions.

Anonymous said...

It was a little pitchy, but yeah, just keepin' it real, dawg. BTW, Miss D. recently discovered old Weird Al vids and ever since she saw "Eat It," every time Randy gives his comment, she and I go "Ding-Dong, yo. Yo, Ding-Ding, Ding-Dong yo."