Wednesday, February 20, 2008

12 Leading Men's Performance---Jamie's ops

There is a reason I call myself the "simon" judge, and last night proved why: I utterly agreed with Simon last night! Again, I think this is the BEST 24 ever! I actually made it through the night without plugging my ears ( although I did close my eyes a few times).

MY TOP PICS FOR THE NIGHT:



Absolutely Davide Archuletta!
--First of all, he is so dang cute...I just want to pinch his cheeks! Kaylie, make him our bro!
--His song was so great, uplifting and just fun to watch.
--He is so sweet, just loving every second and smiling, and just being so dang cute
--I LOVE that they showed his audition video again, as it was my favorite!
--His response from the judges was priceless (although, I was crossing fingers he wouldn't hold up his number with his fingers---I HATE THAT)



Jason Castro was upbeat and just plain fun! I loved that he had his guitar.
--It all was a little cheesy, but I do love my cheese( can't get enough of it)
--Again, love the "humble" attitude. He wasn't cocky at all, and I fall for that








Michael Johns was a great pic for the final number!
--I honestly don't know if I like him for his singing, or because of his beautiful accent ( I am a sucker, he even said he didn't want to be voted for his accent)
--Loved the upbeat songs and his movement on stage! I have always thought he was something to watch out for.






Overall, I was not disappointed. Even the three men who look and act a little gay to me did great, which made me happy. Also really enjoyed Robbie and David Hernandez. The night was a pleasant surprise for me!

My bottom two ( and I hate to say it, cause they were still ok):



Garrett and Jason. Sorry fella's, you didn't cut it for me! Garrett and Jason, I was bored and you were way off! Did not like the song choice! Did not like the slowness of it all! Garrett, I completely agreed with SImon--you need some sun or something. Something was a little off. I just might be wrong, but these are my bottom 2.

6 comments:

rachel said...

I've been a lurker here for awhile now, but after last night's show, I just have to comment.

I LOVE David Archuletta!!!!!! He is by far, hands down, my favorite and I am sooo hoping he makes it far. (which I have no doubt he will.) I'm a little embarrassed to admit this, but I actually picked up my phone and VOTED for him last night! I never do that! (If I've ever voted, it's always been towards the end of the season when they're down to three or four or so.)

I also like the Australian hottie. He's got talent.

What a fun blog. Thanks for keeping it up! It's going to be a great season.

Amanda said...

I'm going to become a regular on here. (Found you through Sara's blog...) I, too, LOVED David and Australian hottie. They are, as Simon says, the whole package.

My bottom two are Garrett and Danny. Garrett looks like a Hobbitt. Seriously--he needs a haircut to improve his likeability. Danny was a little too pouty/emotional for me--I wasn't impressed with his performance and the baby-ish attitude clinched my opinion last night.

Can't wait to hear what you have to say about the ladies!

Kelli W. said...

Ha! You make me laugh! I love your post and can't wait to finish watching the show. I only got to see the first three so I'll be watching the rest tonight while I'm taping the girls to watch tomorrow. Can't wait to see who you like from tonights performances!

JAMIE said...

I am glad to see some comments...I didn't think anyone was looking at the blog, so was about to give up on it. So thanks...I guess we will keep it running.

I am so glad, Rachel, that you voted. Nothing to be embarrassed about! My hubby does not get home until after midnight, so he makes me record and double vote so he can feel a part of it...talk about cheesy! I love it!

Amanda, please be a regular, it makes it more fun. I too, was not impressed with Danny--the only thing that made me smile was his "somebody didn't like it" look at Simon...then he pouted with his lip. I am not voting for the pout but for the talent.

Kelli, I am glad that you record it so you can watch it. Life changes with kids. I use to wathc it when it was on always. Seems if I want to watch anything for sure, I have to record it cuase my time is not my own anymore ( i watched idol last night at midnight with my husband and then three time today, crazy i know)...

It seems there is more to comment on as the talent part is going. You get your favs...Still sticking with my pal Dave. No tricks. I saw little Danny say maybe he wanted to faint cause then he would get attention--he actually said that. What a weirdo!

rachel said...

Danny is just plain icky to me. He's too big of a prima donna. YUCK!

Clean Cut said...

Garrett was very awkward in the pre-singing interview (he's not ready for the spotlight) and terribly boring during the signing. He should go, but I fear "vote for the worst" is going to keep him shockingly in it.
Sara and I thoroughly enjoyed David Archuletta and we even laughed out loud during his post-singing interview with Seacrest. Really enjoy this guy.