Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Girls NIght--Who was better? (Jamie's Takes--)

Amazing enough, I was not on the same page as Simon as I usually am...He just didn't like the people I liked.

A quick overview:

--It seems like the people get better as the night goes on. I believe this was the same for last night and tonight!

--The people I really really wanted (Brooke White for example) didn't quite cut it for me for some reason. Just not quite there, still amazing, but not where I wanted it.

--Again, the best girls night on Idol yet. Even the ones that weren't good (Amy Davis, and Kristy Cook) weren't THAT bad. I rather enjoyed the overall night and would be happy with any one of them!

--My favorites of the night were the final 4 performances:
(which goes with my previous comment that they got better as the night went on)

Syesha, Asai'h, Ramiele and Carly were by far the best!
















I did not agree with Simon about Carly. I thought she was amazing, as usual, and was my top pic.

The two going home:
--This one is really hard, but I think Amy Davis and Kristy had really off nights. They have as well not been in the public eye that much, so they don't have many rooting for them already. We shall see tomorrow!!

5 comments:

Clean Cut said...

I agree totally with you on this post Jamie. I too disagreed with Simon, and I would have picked the same top four. I enjoyed Brooke White and want her to do well. I got a little sleepy during Malubay's song but was impressed "upon further review". Carley had some "Celine Dion" like moments. Very impressed. Like Asia'h. She's fun and she's good. Ditto to this post.

JAMIE said...

I really did like Carly-she is the best singer...not necessarily my absolutle favorite, but she definetly deserves some props for how she blows ( I felt like that was a randy type comment)

Clean Cut said...

Yeah Dawg!

Amanda said...

I also disagreed with Simon on a lot of his views. OK--I'm a little biased toward Brooke. I really don't think she has what it will take to get through to even the final 12--but what's wrong with being a happy person!? Anyway--loved Carly. If that's how she sings when she's sick--I can't wait to hear when she's not. I also loved Syesha. Asia'h did a good job, but I wasn't diggin her style and she just sounded a little hoarse to me. I definitely think Amy will be gone. And--I was not impressed at all with Joanne Borgella. I think she'll be gone in the next couple of weeks, if not this week.

JAMIE said...

I agree with you about Brooke--she won't win it, but I am still baised as well...she is so cute (not as cute as our dear little david still) When Brooke touched her hair, it was a little funny to me, I can't quite put my finger on it.. Asia'h did sound hoarse to me too--she has always kind of sounded like that to me...I think Carly would have done HEr song awesome! Joanne needs to be a soulfull girl. SHe was funny when she was making light of soul. People love that