Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Omaha Auditions

A RANT ON OMAHA

Where to start, again I rant that this part of the series is not my favorite part...having said that, I want to say just a little bit about the auditions last night.

To be honest, I was not that impressed. Even the good ones ( I may get jabbed for this) weren't amazing.

My favorite of the night was the girl that Ryan helped judge. I thought she was overlooked because they were emphasizing Ryan. Her voice sounded just like the song to me. She seemed a little frazzled by the change in judges. I was looking for a pic of her but they haven't posted last night yet.

My only other standout would be the guy that talked about Daughtry---I thought he sounded decent enough..
I Actually liked that Ryan helped judge--I would have liked to see him really do it...

RED CARPET
This guy was so excited about the red carpet...the funny thing is that it probably will really happen...Idol tends to do funny stuff--we all won't be surprised.

That is all I have for now...anyone want to add? I welcome what people have to say...i want to hear what people are thinking...as long as the comments aren't offensive and the language is good

2 comments:

Pamela said...

I haven't been truly impressed by a lot of the auditions this season. Many of those that make it through come as a shock to me. Especially when Simon gives the thumbs up. I've sat for a minute with the Huh? look on my face quite often.

Maybe they are trying to spotlight some that make it through that aren't as good, because then if they don't get votes, or make it through Hollywood week, they can't complain that they didn't get enough air time and that's why they are getting the boot. Just a thought.

H-less said...

Totally agree with you on not being impressed, really. Nothing like the first impression of Melinda Dolittle, Kath McPhee, or any of the classic guys. I also liked the girl who sang like Norah Jones even though the judges got more into themselves again and overshadowed her. fun that you are doing this